Thursday 22 August 2013

EHG fuzz

I, Melachi ibn Amillar, being of unsound mind and body, did attend the gig of EyeHateGod (also known, I understand, as EHG), at the Garage, in London on 3 August. There were a fourpiece in black and a man in a blue T-shirt from New Orleans. I wanted to like these guys, as I heard they were a top doomy sludgy band, but I found it difficult to get down to my groove with their odd tempo changes from slow to slightly faster at random intervals, and lack of a nice clear riffing. In fact, they approached the same random fuzziness as Moss, whom I heard a few months ago, though not in such an extreme way. However, due to the density of patrons near the bar, I was entirely sober throughout the whole gig, which may have taken the edge off a little. Maybe I will listen to some of their records and go back another time. These are the decisive words of Melachi!

No comments:

Post a Comment