Monday 10 June 2013

Bravo Magician

I, Melachi ibn Amillar, being of unsound mind and body, did attend the gig of Black Magician, Mourning Beloved and Prophecy at the upstairs room of the Garage, Islington, on 1 June 2013. The audience included many bearded longhairs, and a rock chick with Judas Priest T-shirt and headscarfe, which is promising. I recall that the Prophecy were good, with an impressively versatile vocalist, but I do not remember much else about them. The Black Magician seemed more focused than I had seen them earlier at the Underground, though this may simply have been because this room was rather longer with the stage at the end, so it is easier to concentrate on it. They struck me again as very atmospheric, due to the synthesizer, and heavy in the traditional vein. I am looking for a vinyl of their album. Mourning Beloved emitted a thoroughly doomladen sound, very heavy though less atmospheric, thought Melachi.

No comments:

Post a Comment