Thursday 14 November 2013

Ghost: Infestissumam

I have listened to this album quite a few times now. It is not as good as their first; in particular it makes excessive use of minor key semitone slides which gives it a congested tone when the songs are heard consecutively. A couple of tracks make passable singalongs, particularly "Monstrance clock". Creepiest lyrics and chorus I have heard for ages are on "Body and Blood".  Zombie Queen to me sounds cobbled together and Secular Haze plain silly. The problem with vocals and tunes that can actually be heard is that they have to be correspondingly good to attract a repeat listen, and I am not sure how much more this will spin. Acoustically sounds fine to me, at least on red vinyl; bass could be a bit louder, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment