Saturday 19 November 2016

The Bedroom Hotel, Dar es Salaam

View
I, Melachi ibn Amillar, being of unsound mind and body, did visit the Bedroom Hotel in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. I confess I was a little intimidated on entering this place due to the demolished ambience of the street and the suspicious attitude of the receptionist. However, the room was fine with aircon and ceiling fan and was nicely cleaned. The construction was not too noisy, possibly because the aircon was very loud. It is in a maze of small streets close to the market of Kariakoo and the Fire metro station, a medium walk to the centre of Dar, though this is not a centre one would feel obliged to visit more than once. There are a couple of barbeque stands a block to the east and even two bars, though generally rather dark and muslim at night. The breakfast left a great deal to the imagination. They quoted me TZS 25,000 for a taxi to Coco Beach and I said I had last paid 15,000 (not precisely true as I have never visited the country in my life); which is what they then charged. Though the taxi driver seemed quite pleased with himself so you could probably get it lower. This is a safe hotel at the price but if I stay there again it would mainly be due to familiarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment